"Completely unexplainable success is far preferable to sophisticated reasons for failure"
~Reverend Zesty

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Winter Sucks

Winter is my least favorite of the seasons. Sure it gives us the holidays and when snow first falls it looks pretty unless you are stuck out in it somewhere, but even so, the holidays bring with them over commercialization and the dreaded insanity of black Friday deals and the snow, after it remains on the ground for a while turns into a dirty, icy, sloppy mess.

And now it is March. We are now in the last grips of winter and Spring is right around the corner bringing with it a fresh set of challenges. Things like (for me) putting together my outdoor space. Grill area, sitting and dining area, must think of music AND how and if I plan on planting a garden this year. OH and the bugs. I HATE fucking flies, gnats and other annoying creatures so I see me going to war with them soon enough.

I must say that winter in The Ozarks, although mild by Chicago standards, suck because no one here does a damn thing when the snow falls. Im not just talking about sidewalks, Im talking about streets. Ice and packed down driven over snow that the town just says "fuck it" to. But all in all I will gladly take winters down here as opposed to the shit storm up north I dealt with for so many years.

So we are looking at Springtime coming. The rebirth of things, when trees come back to life and the critters do their "dance of love."



But there are folks that are not as well off as I find myself. My mother-in-law lives in Boston and I dont think that shit's going to melt much before June.

So stay warm knowing that better days are ahead and we made it thorugh yet ANOTHER winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment