"Completely unexplainable success is far preferable to sophisticated reasons for failure"
~Reverend Zesty

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Just Gonna Put An Out Of Order Sign Around My Neck And Call It A Day

I'm tired. Not sleepy tired but just need to sit back and relax, thinking about nothing at all.

Mexicans call this time I seek a siesta. My grandfather called it a nap and I'm a HUGE fan of naps. I actually have the time scheduled in my day planner to do this today. That might sound silly to some but its just as important as the meetings I have scheduled this afternoon. Taking time to recharge is vital in peoples lives, especially after turning 50. Its AMAZING how even 15 minutes invigorates the body, mind and soul.

Plus Im a lazy hippie. Napping is what us slackers do best. Thankfully, I dont have to worry about
having a j.o.b. to get in my way. Bosses are so NOT understanding when they used to catch me sleeping in my cubicle.

I realize this is a luxury that most people cant relish because they got caught up somewhere along the way into irking out a meager living and hating their place of employment. Then they go home to a equally miserable spouse because they do the same damn thing so when they see each other, well I wouldn't exactly call it "quality time."

Dont get me wrong, I work quite hard on Intellectual Coitus and being Reverend Zesty, but the difference is that I do what I want, when I want and have no boss to answer to. I made a job for myself and that affords me the freedom and independence to do just that. I cant understand why everyone doesn't do things like that.

A recent poll has revealed that 75% of the workforce HATE their jobs. Imagine that. Waking up every damn day dreading the vast majority of your day. Is it any wonder why people are such miserable, hateful assholes?


It doesn't surprise me one bit.

Seems to me that if you are the least bit different, in view, thoughts, skin color, sexual orientation, where you live or how you live, from another person, you are fuel to this persons hateful flame of indignation. These same people ingrain their hateful, nasty, mean spirit into their kids as well so guess what? Hate becomes their legacy.

So what are MY personal defenses against the hate in the world we occupy? How do I keep a smile on my face and a song in my heart?

Weed and alcohol. Not that Im in a perpetual state of intoxication, I DO practice moderation with my habits, but it helps me remain relatively calm in the face of peoples batshit craziness. THAT works for me.

Check out the offer below and leave your comments.

Give the gift of wine this Mother's Day from WineoftheMonthClub.com!

1 comment: